Thursday, July 1, 2010

Early Work #5









Showing the influence of both Star Wars and Mort Drucker on my 15 year old self (not to mention The Wizard of Oz), these were done to be displayed at the fairly new Eastview Mall for some reason. But it showed my early obsession with pairing cultural icons (my "Musicians by Famous Painters" that I showcased recently is a later example). I made the mistake of inking these with a water soluble marker before painting them with watercolors. At first I was horrified by my mistake, but the result ended up kind of working in my favor. I wouldn't agree with all of these pairing today (Princess Leai kind of got the short end of the stick), but I can appreciate my teen aged self making the effort, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there everyone, it's my first go to see at this web page, and piece of writing is truly fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these articles.

My page: learn more about it